Five Important things to do this flu season:
1. Avoid close contact with people that are sick with the flu.
2. Wash hands frequently (scrub with soap for at least 20 seconds) or use at least 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer frequently.
3. Get a flu vaccine (it will help prevent the flu, or if you catch the flu anyway, the vaccine will lessen the severity and the duration of your flu illness).
4. If you catch the flu, avoid contact with other people so you don’t give your flu to others.
5. If you think you have the flu, see a healthcare provider to get tested and to see if Tamiflu would benefit you. Tamiflu works best if started within 48 hours of flu symptoms to lessen the severity and duration of the flu.
The flu season is particularly virulent this year and may last into May! Stay healthy everyone!